28 September 2011

Unbreakable: A Unisex Fragrance

I've been curious about this fragrance for a while now and finally I had the opportunity to give this a try a few weeks ago. I have my reservations about most celebrity fragrances. What do they know about perfumery anyway and who wants to add $ into the pockets of people who did nothing more than have their faces slapped on a bottle? But I do enjoy an occasional episode of Khloe and Lamar and I was pleasantly surprised to see them doing quite a bit of stressing over this thing and putting some actual work into it. Good enough - I'll try it out.

And I have to say, I was not disappointed. I wasn't sure what to expect going in. Unisex fragrances are not easy to pull off and CK One, the lone success story, launched a bit before my perfume-wearing days. After a few minutes of wearing this, I noticed a strong scent of tobacco with a little bit of chocolate and vanilla. It's really a great scent that opens up and does nice things the longer it wears. Not for you if you love florals and very feminine scents (in which case, I'd recommend Kim's) but I wouldn't necessarily describe it as masculine or musky. It strikes a very delicate balance and it's a nice, warm, unexpected scent. It would be great for a sexy night out. Unfortunately I can't give you the true unisex review because I've yet to smell it on that big handsome man I call my own but I suspect I'd enjoy it a good bit. Give it a try!

No comments: