16 August 2013

Shimmery Gold Eyes

I really love some subtle gold shimmer on eyes. Always have, always will. Take a look at some of these designs for inspiration.

Here's a wonderful tutorial for a gold smokey eye that's kind of my go-to look when I need some shimmer. Give it a look because it's especially great for summer. BTW, hollyannaeree has a fantastic youtube channel full of makeup fun. She's a MAC pro and her reviews and tutorials are pretty awesome.


And of course here are a few of my favorites:
Revlon Illuminance in Precious Metals. It's a creme shadow, which I prefer simply becase the color is a bit more saturated and has more staying power.

ELF also makes a great affordable eye quad...for $1! The Butternut has a lovely range of shimmery golden shades. Sometimes I layer them over a creme shadow to create a little texture and depth.

No comments: